Senior Application Security Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake forms the data platform for the most security sensitive customers and they rely on the data platform to secure and protect their most sensitive data assets. It is critical that our customers are able to manage access to their data, audit its usage and ensure its safety. The security infrastructure also enables customers of Snowflake to share data and protect privacy which is a key ingredient of the Data Sharehouse
As a Senior Application Security Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and implement features to provide identity and access management including integration with the next generation identity providers and protocols.
- Build authorization frameworks to provide fine grained access control, including data centric access control, beyond standard role based access control which can scale to managing access over millions over objects and users.
- Design and implement other key security capabilities around key management and encryption, de-anonymization, data masking, auditing and governance.
- Design and develop solutions to secure communication and data sharing in a globally distributed service.
- Design and develop mechanisms to provide safety and security for advanced database features like cloning, replication, data sharing, procedure execution, etc.
Our ideal Senior Backend Engineer - Security will have:
- 5+ years industry experience designing, building systems.
- Experience and exposure to different security areas like identity, cryptography, access control, etc.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Fluency in Java or C++ preferred.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Able to work on-site in our downtown San Mateo office.
- Knowledge of industry standard security concepts and protocols like SAML, SCIM, OAuth, RBAC a plus.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.