Director Workplace Enablement Operations
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Director of Workplace Enablement - Operations
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Director of Global Workplace at our HQ in San Mateo, CA. Our Global Workplace Enablement Strategies are evolving and the opportunity to build new and cutting-edge programs has never been more important. The successful candidate will build Global Workplace Enablement Teams including reception, Workplace Services, and Facility Engineering. The role will be responsible for developing innovative strategies and competitive amenities across our global workforce. Pilot program deployment, implementation, evaluation and relevant metrics reporting for analysis will be a critical component of this role. Programs that support the company's direction will be a priority, while looking for cost effective solutions.
This position is accountable for looking at continuous improvement opportunities and driving innovations across the workplace through workplace benefits, services, and with diverse programs to increase our workplace capabilities. This role will play a pivotal role in helping our employees have a Great Place to Work!
Program/Process Leadership & Continuous Improvement in WE:
- This role, although focused on Workplace Offerings, may also work closely with and/or lead other business initiatives geared toward infrastructure improvement or global initiative alignment.
- Review smart building technology and be a liaise between workplaces smart features and the employees who use them
- Collaborate with the Experience Leader to lay the foundation for a more digital landscape with workplace technology, gamification and data to help our employees thrive in the increasingly tech-tied world
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to Global Workplace Staff and Workplace Enablement Teams (including Reception, Workplace Technicians and Facility Engineers)
Innovative programs for enterprise and unique site offerings
- Optimize site offerings while providing scale where appropriate (e.g., cafeteria, vending, fitness, commute, energizing sites, etc.) based on employee feedback and stakeholders. Partner closely with Workplace Enablement Leadership for change management and to create execution plans globally.
- Look for unique opportunities and tools that link to HR Wellness strategies, Fitness platforms and improve employee engagement.
Requirements and Work Experience:
- Work effectively with cross functional teams and leaders
- Financial acumen and ability to develop compelling analysis, proposals, and business cases – create operating metrics for stakeholders, leadership and partners
- Develop life cycle cost analysis evaluations of current or projected programs
- Strong acumen in data collection methods and analysis
- Gather and summarize initiatives, status, metrics, success criteria for roll up to leadership
- A driving leader who builds and energizes strong teams regardless of reporting relationships, leads change with courage, and enjoys the “learn-teach-learn” approach of getting diverse projects completed
- Multi-level communications and influencing skills
- Includes ability to present effectively to various audiences
- Act as an effective facilitator in discussions, meetings and workshop settings
- Proven ability to provide oversight and analysis for multiple programs with multiple contractors simultaneously
- 10+ years’ relevant Facility & Workplace strategy or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Provide Leadership and Guidance to Operational Teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain operational/technical information to operational & non-operational people
- Proficiency with Power Point, Word, Excel and G-Suite
- Expert knowledge of industry trends related to area of expertise
- Views quality as a priority while balancing workloads and timelines
- Exposure to various problem-solving methodologies; experience with both, small and large scale business transformation, organizational transformation and process design
- Values collaboration with stakeholders and team members to achieve exceptional business results
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.