Senior Data Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Data Analyst for our customer enablement organization, your work is used to uncover insights about the operations of Snowflake and the health of our customers’ accounts helping to drive important strategic decisions. You will join a growing team and also work with some of the leading data scientists and engineers in the field of cloud data warehousing.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about analytics and is able to approach complex problems in an organized and detail-oriented manner. You should be an intellectual athlete who has the desire to learn about customer behavior and the important drivers of various departments.
- Develop and maintain company-wide analytics reporting and processes that provide insights to business performance and key company metrics for a fast growing, SaaS-based company
- Provide regular, timely reporting and performance monitoring to Service and Operations, Executive Team, and other key business stakeholders
- Develop data collection processes and appropriate analytical tools, models, and dashboards
- Work collaboratively with our internal data warehouse and data lake team
- Synthesize data from various sources including ERP, CRM, and other internal and external systems
- Meet regularly with sales teams, executive management, and key stakeholders to present analysis and actionable recommendations
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL and relational data including exposure to complex data models
- 2+ years of experience working with terabyte-scale data repositories
- 3+ years of experience with tools commonly used for data analysis such as Python (numpy, pandas, and scikit), R or Spark
- Strong experience with at least one scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash
- Strong experience in statistical analysis and modeling
- Experience working with Excel, ERP and Financial Planning tools
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, Business Objects, or Microstrategy
- Familiarity with MPP databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, etc.
- Experience identifying and debugging data problems and anomalies
- Exposure to automating processes
- Exposure to building ETL/ELT pipelines
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.