Sr. Manager, Strategic Business Partner, Sales Ops
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Business Partner in Sales Operations will lead a team that leverages data and insights to take Snowflake’s sales team’s growth to the next level. To excel in this role, you translate structured, strategic thinking by synthesizing data into ideas. You juggle many balls, prioritizing fast-moving initiatives to manage through hyper-growth. You will become a trusted advisor to Sales leadership. You ensure they are thinking about the right things by putting together dashboards and robust analysis that highlight strengths and opportunities in the rapidly growing organization. You want to be on a gold medal team, and you know that it takes all team members to win.
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Business Partner in Sales Operations will report into the Senior Director of Sales Operations. This team is responsible for all processes and analytics the sales team needs to succeed at Snowflake.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and manage a team of rock star business partners who have strong relationships with the field, deep knowledge of the business process, and quantitative muscle to measure success and predict areas for investment and growth
- Design, build and maintain the dashboards that drive our GTM team to their greatest achievements
- Report to executives: board reporting, QBR presentations, ad hoc analytics
- Provide strategic, one-off deep analytics that focus our attention on the right aspects of sales, e.g. Territory modeling, pipeline conversion and creation rates, discount behavior, sales process advancement, growth modeling, etc.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of business analytics experience
- 1+ years managing
- Salesforce mastery: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows)
- Strong quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas), including an ability to model complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization)
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding
- Patience with messy data and attention to detail
- Executive presentation and communication skills
- Nice to have: an understanding of SQL or query language and/or scripting language (i.e you’ve heard of a “Left Join” or a “for loop”), and willingness to learn if you don’t already know
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.