Legal Operations Manager – Systems and Process
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake seeks a self-starter to serve as Legal Operations Manager – Systems and Process.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel of Legal Operations and Corporate Compliance.
You will be a member of a growing, world-class team designing the operational infrastructure
and optimizing processes for a fast-paced dynamic legal department. You will be an integral
part of developing legal industry leading solutions for a forward-thinking group of legal
A successful candidate will have working knowledge of legal processes and corporate legal
departments and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of department team
members, including senior leaders. The right person for this role will be a self-starter motivated
champion of new ideas.
As a Legal Operations Manager, you will:
- Find ways to streamline how the Legal Department functions, through the continuous assessment of our processes and technology
- Evaluate and implement new technology solutions for the Legal Department, including matter management systems, eSignature platforms, eBIlling systems, contract automation tools and other solutions as needed
- Develop effective metrics and KPIs for the Law Department to help us track, measure and improve performance
- Define and manage the Legal Technology Roadmap
- Gather requirements for legal technologies system implementations and enhancements
- Provide Legal team training on all forms of technology introduced to the team
- Run process efficiency exercises and continuous improvement assessments
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience with legal project management and systems implementations
- Clear and concise communication style
- Knowledge of legal department operations generally and legal workflow
- Familiarity with various areas of legal work and attorney responsibilities
- Curiosity about legal technologies and tech-enabled efficiencies
- Interest in exploring and explaining latest technologies affecting the legal industry (ie, artificial intelligence, blockchain)
- Comfort creating and delivering training on new processes and technologies
- A bias for action and strong sense of urgency
- A sense of humor in the midst of high pressure and fast paced decision-making
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.