Manager, Sales Development
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Over the past year, Snowflake Computing has climbed from #88 to #17 on Forbes’ Cloud 100 List. To keep up with our growth, we're looking for a Sales Development Manager in our growing North American market to keep our top of funnel full and manage a team of SDRs in Denver.
Independent analysts forecast that the global data warehousing market will grow by 150% over the next 4 years. Due to our product design and disruptive pricing, Snowflake Computing is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this booming market. In short, Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
About The Job:
- Recruit, hire, train and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives.
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence.
- Report on sales metrics and forecast to senior sales management.
- Leverage activity data for targeted training and development.
- Motivate Individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship.
- Take a hands-on approach to improving written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with marketing and sales ops to ensure thorough follow up of inbound leads.
- Achieve quarterly and annual quota and revenue targets.
- Monitor and refine processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success on the SDR team.
- Empower your team to take ownership of their patch.
- Ensure that team metrics are aligned with the broader organizational objectives.
- Coach, develop and promote the next generation of Snowflake Corporate Account Executives.
What you'll need:
- Experience successfully managing entry level salespeople to achieve performance goals.
- Well rounded understanding of technological trends (Big Data, Cloud Computing, IoT, etc.) across different segments of business (Finance, Retail, Healthcare, etc.)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Ability to identify and address roadblocks to success, See something broken? Fix it.
- Robust Salesforce.com analysis and reporting skillset
- Detailed knowledge of the Snowflake and SaaS landscape
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.