San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for an experienced corporate attorney to serve as Corporate Counsel reporting to the Assistant General Counsel in a growing, world-class legal team. You will support a wide range of matters relating to corporate governance, securities, international growth, compensation, and M&A. The ideal candidate will have good judgment, the ability to appropriately weigh risk, an eye for detail, and the ability to understand and clearly explain complicated, sensitive, and nuanced issues. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is eager to jump in, figure it out, and help Snowflake grow.
As Corporate Counsel, you will:
- Assist with the a wide range of securities, corporate, and M&A matters
- Support corporate governance matters, including meetings of our Board, its committees and our stockholders
- Assist on cross-functional company initiatives related to governance, international expansion, subsidiary maintenance, compliance, and equity plan operations
- Support compliance and certification activities relating to various corporate policies, including Code of Conduct, Insider Trading, Whistleblower and Anti-Corruption
- Assist on global employment matters, such as equity compensation, employment templates, and processes
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, taking accountability and ownership over key projects and driving them to completion
- 4+ years corporate legal experience in a relevant setting (2+ years at a top law firm strongly preferred)
- Experience with SEC reporting and securities compliance, including the preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements, Section 16 reports and registration statements
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to the Bar with license to practice in CA
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.