Senior International Accountant
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As our first Senior International Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the accounting of Snowflake’s international locations as well as being a key contributor to the accounting setup of future locations in accordance with the Company’s growth plans. You will have broad international accounting and reporting responsibilities as well as the opportunity to build scalable processes to support our continued global expansion. Additionally, as our Senior International Accountant you will prepare various ledgers, registers, subsidiary accounting records, journals, fiscal reports, etc. and interface with outside auditors, banks and various company departments.
What you'll do:
- You will be a key contributor role within Snowflake’s accounting and finance organization as Snowflake continues its global expansion
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly and annual close process of Snowflake’s foreign subsidiaries with the main goal of ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the close process
- Ongoing upload and review of the monthly and quarterly financial packages produced by foreign subsidiaries, ensuring that final results are accurately and timely entered in the accounting system as part of the corporate close process
- Compile accounting data to support foreign statutory reporting and tax requirements by working with outsourced foreign accounting and legal providers
- Prepare monthly and quarterly flux analyses for the BS and PL accounts
- Assist with the implementation of a global banking platform
- Effectively provide assistance with Snowflake’s quarterly and annual internal and external audits
- Support the team with the development of procedures and training materials in the international accounting area
- Special assignments and projects with the goal of improving and scaling processes and helping to drive long-term strategic growth
What you'll need:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA/foreign equivalent preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in a senior accountant position with accounting responsibilities during monthly, quarterly, yearly close processes, including BS and PL flux analyses of the international entities
- Experience in closing and reconciling foreign entity financial accounts
- Experience in analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports and financial statements
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and internal control principles, including GAAP
- Experience with ERP/accounting software; Workday Financials experience is a plus
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- A desire to continually strive for ongoing process and systems improvements to better support all critical functional groups at Snowflake
- Excellent professional, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire to develop skills and experience in a collaborative, high growth, exciting and fun environment with a positive “can do” attitude and attention to detail
- High customer service spirit when facing internal departments and external providers, vendors, banks, etc.
- Related industry experience preferred, but not critical
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.