Senior Infrastructure Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re hiring talented Senior Infrastructure Engineers to join us. This position will be focused on engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the Snowflake service. This position will require excellent technical skills with prior experience operating complicated systems at scale.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Work on providing a high automated Cloud-based runtime environment for scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute system.
- Write software, from system automation to network services to allow us to run ever more customers and queries.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new system layers utilizing a first-principles understanding of high complexity compute environments.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
Our ideal Senior Infrastructure Engineer will have:
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong programming skills. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. A formal CS degree is not required.
- Prior experience working alongside an Engineering team developing and supporting a complicated technical product.
- Extensive experience with an existing automation framework (Ansible preferred, not required)Fundamental understanding of *NIX systems.
- Fundamental basic networking troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience supporting an Internet facing application at scale.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Prior experience with a major Cloud Infrastructure provider.
- Extremely large installation or High Performance Computing (HPC) experience.
- Formal software engineering background.
- Prior experience with time-series based monitoring / observability systems.
- Prior experience with high performance networks.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.