Cloud Observability Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re hiring talented Cloud Observability Specialist to join our team. This position will work directly with our engineering team in San Mateo, CA to evolve and improve the observability of our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong Cloud Engineers with proven experience in the realm of Observability who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and who are enthusiastic about building new technologies. This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas, including making contributions to open source big data projects.
As a Cloud Observability Specialist at Snowflake you will:
- Architect, deploy and scale our Observability infrastructure
- Define best practices around making our systems and services measurable and work with our various teams to get those best practices applied
- Collaborate with our Application Engineering teams to ensure our Applications are emitting the right metrics
- Collect, aggregate and visualize the collected metrics to provide actionable insight
Our ideal Cloud Observability Specialist will have:
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering or DevOps.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong programming skills.
- Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software.
- A formal CS degree is not required.
- Prior experience working alongside an Engineering team to collect, aggregate and visualize insights into a complicated technical product.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Prior experience with a Cloud infrastructure service provider, or an extensive “private cloud” environment.
- Extremely large installation or High Performance Computing (HPC) experience.
- Prior experience with time-series based monitoring / observability systems.
- Prior experience with high performance networks.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.