Technical Curriculum Developer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
This role will be responsible for designing and developing quality certification and modular content for both internal and external audiences. This role is focused on curriculum design, development and program management, and not responsible for classroom training delivery. This role will play a pivotal part in the overall enablement strategy at Snowflake creating processes for content creation and distribution.
As a Technical Curriculum Developer at Snowflake, you will:
- Design and develop, innovative learning solutions applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create content that fits the needs of the learner (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content).
- Program manage the creation and distribution of technical courseware at Snowflake; including developing exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia-based assets.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the needs of our partners, customers and employees.
- Contribute to the design and development of new learning models and content design templates.
- Lead needs analysis and learning strategy development activities to improve individual and organizational performance.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in curriculum design/development.
- 3-5+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture, or database systems administration.
- 5 or more years of experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical audiences
- 2 or more years of experience creating assessments to measure learner competencies
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to incorporate them into the curriculum.
- Professional experience using e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar), Cornerstone LMS (or similar).
- Experienced using video editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Camtasia or similar)
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of e-learning and video editing tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, virtual instructor-led training tools, and social learning tools.
- Strong program manager with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, develop and manage technical IT (information technology) content projects.
- Experience leading large projects that include various departments.
- 4+ years of experience in curriculum design and development.
- Experience designing and developing content for technical certifications
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- 1-5 years of software programming experience
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.