Data Analyst - Sales Operations
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake has an amazing sales team that has already produced, in combination with an amazing product, phenomenal growth. As we grow, we need to implement better visibility through metrics to the business so we never lose track of what drives our top performance. To answer these questions, we’re looking for a talented Data Analyst to come aboard the sales operations team! As a Data Analyst, you will highlight nascent patterns in our data and help our Sales team better understand their business using data from our various business systems (e.g. Salesforce and Marketo). By defining and tracking specific metrics, you will help Sales understand what they do well and what needs improvement. This role requires experience working with data as well as strong business- and economic-reasoning skills.
As a Data Analyst you will:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and educate others on your findings.
- Model Sales data for board-level reporting as well as day-to-day operations.
- Use Snowflake in your daily work, helping us to better understand the needs and difficulties of our customers.
- Make use of your creative instincts to help find the best solution to our complex problems.
- Focus on designing dashboards and reports that are digestible and adopted by key stakeholders
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience working with SQL and relational data.
- Strong business acumen, preferably experience understanding sales organizations and metrics.
- Experience analyzing data in and from Salesforce is required.
- Proficiency with tools commonly used for data analysis and visualization such as Python (numpy, pandas, and scikit), R, or Julia is a plus.
- Exposure to business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, Business Objects, and Microstrategy.
- A strong desire to learn, and an inquisitive mind.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Bonus points for work with SaaS, data warehousing, or cloud technologies at a small startup!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.