Corporate Events, Director
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Sr. Director, Corporate Events will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a strategic plan for Snowflake’s Annual User Conference. This position is responsible for working with senior level executives in planning this event each year. This includes, planning, budgeting and overall event management that is not limited to: event identification, site selection, hotel contract negotiations, vendor service agreements, entertainment, premium management, event communications and scheduling, overall logistics, budget monitoring and post-event reporting.
- Lead to ensure flawless delivery of Snowflake’s Summit User Conference from event conception to planning/on-site execution to post-event analysis and wrap-up
- Able to build effective relationships within the organization and to understand and interpret the strategic goals and collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure their priorities are understood to deliver high-quality events, distinguishing Snowflake within the industry
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Product and Data/Analytics to support their event objectives and propose recommendations for all event elements to relevant stakeholders
- Assess business needs and communicate recommendations to management, including budget/funding proposals, speaking opportunities, deep partnership opportunities
- Act as main point of coordination and contact and serve as concierge to attending VIPs and clients. May include, but will not be limited to travel needs, selection and planning of dinners, off-site activities, entertainment, premiums/amenities, etc.
- Other special corporate events or meeting related projects as assigned
- Leverage and maximize resources, including cross-business segment project/event budgets
- Coordinate vendors to procure supplies
- Keep management and other key personnel appraised as to the progress of all events projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or marketing or equivalent industry experience; Master’s preferred
- At least twelve (10) years progressive experience in industry relations, special events, trade show management, corporate communications, public relations, branding, and/or marketing
- At least seven (7) years experience with corporate engagement
- Must work effectively cross-functionally and with senior management
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals, including strong consulting and presentation skills
- Exceptional project management skills, including managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong organizational skills, including follow-up
- Possesses an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-3-year timeframe
- Ability to design creative, experiential events with a sophisticated aesthetic
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software, including strong proficiency in PowerPoint
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to manage internal department budgets as well as partner-department project budgets
- Ability to balance interest and needs of multiple parties
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.