Manager, Sales Operations
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is seeking a Sales Operations Manager to join its Sales Operations group. If you are passionate about a sales team’s success and want to connect the process and the tools to empower the sales team to win, and you have an excellent understanding of the sales process and love exploring sales tools to improve speed and visibility to sales wins, consider joining us!
What Snowflake has: An awesome sales team growing fast and a product that everyone needs. Our sales operations team has a solid understanding of the business processes we need to be successful today, but constant growth requires technical support to shift our tools to accommodate new processes and applications.
What you bring: You love combining strategy with execution, and you roll up your sleeves to bring your plans to life. You have a desire to own the sales process in conjunction with sales leadership and bring it alive with sales automation. You are versed in the challenges of being remote from headquarters, and you love being the glue that holds the remote sales offices to corporate. Partnering with both your local sales leadership team and the corporate sales operations organization, you continue to evolve how our field and inside teams go to market and streamline and measure everything. You bring a passion for working across oceans to help bridge distance and keep a consistent culture and process for all of Snowflake.
As the Sales Operations Manager at Snowflake you will:
- Be the expert on Snowflake’s sales process. Provide training and leadership regarding executing Snowflake’s sales process and methodology, supporting new hire sales reps as well as tenured reps in their ability to navigate closing deals with Snowflake
- Ensure sales process design and corresponding system configurations are best in class and are continuously adapting to the sales environment.
- Provide strategic support to the local sales teams, leveraging models from the HQ sales operations team to help define team growth strategies and advise on geo & regional expansion
- Serve as the business architect and project manager for all Sales and GTM process design requests; you will lead the projects from start to finish ensuring success and full completion
- Manage to a scrum methodology with weekly sprints on deliverables and communication updates
- Maintain scalability and high growth of various operational processes through automation. Examples include but are not limited to: territory assignments/ operations, lead management, etc.
- Serve as a liaison to groups such as BDRs, sales & sales management, and marketing ops to ensure everyone is aligned and understands evolution in our sales process
- Discover and map sales tools to the process to streamline and automate as much as possible
- Partner with marketing, especially marketing ops and demand gen, to ensure alignment on lead acquisition and marketing initiatives with sales strategy
- Run sales forecasting process based on input from sales leaders, team forecasts and other sources
- Support Sales Management with maintenance tasks
- Lead and manage sales management meetings on a regular basis to provide updates on relevant Sales & Services Operations initiatives and development
- Proactively identify, resolve or seek assistance utilizing a collaborative approach to overcome challenges before they escalate, to ensure business objectives continue to be met
Our ideal Sales Operations Manager will have:
- A solid foundation in sales operations - preferably 4+ years with a smaller company helping them grow, and/or the right experience and energy from a large company brings great scalable insight!
- Understanding of the sales process and the stages of a deal
- Experience measuring sales teams
- A passion for sales tools
- Clear communication and articulate writing and presentation
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to execute on multiple tasks and projects
- Self-starter with track record of creativity and innovation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with great business sense
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and pick up new skill sets quickly
- Strong desire to learn. You are energized when new features and technologies become available and eager to understand them and maximize their potential
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.