Product Manager - UI
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Snowflake Product Manager - UI, you will:
● Define and evolve the product vision and direction for our analyst experience, mostly focused on the UI experience, but touching anything else that impacts how analysts make use of data inside Snowflake.
● Work in a cross functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, design, engineering, marketing, sales and support.
● Work with and collaborate with a number of technology and business partners.
● Manage programs and structure projects to ensure smooth execution of the product roadmap.
● Work hand in hand with customers, engaging in in frequent conversations both onsite and in customer offices to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs.
A Product Manager - UI at Snowflake is expected to:
● Be able to understand the breadth of our product line as well as technical and able to drill into details on owned areas.
● Have experience defining a product vision and roadmap and managing incremental execution through successful launches.
● Thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means flexibility as well as dealing with ambiguity.
● Be highly data driven, knowing how to get, understand, and use data to make the best possible decisions.
● Move quickly and constantly iterate, moving from hypotheses developed from customer conversations, data and insights to running tests to confirm those hypotheses, to learnings and iteration towards a solution that customers didn’t even realize they wanted but now can’t live without.
● Operate and think at both the UI layer where much of this work will live, but also deeper in the technology stack. Know whether the limitations of the current backend are reasonable or if we should rebuild to enable new capabilities.
● Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
● Have 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical role, with at least 2 of those in a product management role.
● Show an understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing and/or cloud technologies is a plus.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.