International Accounts Payable Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
AP Analysts is an analytical, organized, and detail-oriented position. Being a self-starter and quick learner that can work independently, but can also be a great team member. You communicate well internally and externally with our partners. We want people that thrive in a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines and are able to adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple projects with ease. Most importantly, take a lot of pride in your work, and that’s why people count on you to deliver.
What you’ll do:
- Receive, code, and forward global invoices to the team for processing and answering questions promptly as needed.
- Review and approve invoices for errors to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Responsible for managing inquiries which involves communicating requirements with management, vendors and business owners to ensure accuracy. Ability to assess and quickly escalate crucial issues to management.
- Assist with urgent requests by supplying information quickly, efficiently and accurately in an organized manner while identifying the root cause and addressing issues as needed.
- Review rejected bills daily and correct in a timely manner.
- Ensure recurring bills are processed timely and follow up when needed.
- Review the Invoices Pending Approval Report weekly to ensure business owners approve old bills timely.
- Assist with quarter-end and year-end duties as needed.
- Process incoming mail which includes scanning and sending the soft copy to the AP inbox.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams such as but not limited to Accounting, Tax, Procurement, FP&A, and the BPO.
What you should bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business/Economics or equivalent meaningful work experience.
- 3+ years of AP Accounting experience and a strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Experience with Workday and Coupa preferred.
- Good aptitude working with systems, process improvements and automation.
- Customer service attitude with a willingness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment.
- High energy and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Perform tasks independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to follow through to completion.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.