Solutions Consultant - EMEA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a world-class technical Solutions Consultant to be part of a team that is responsible for the technical deployments of Snowflake at our customers.
The SC will work directly with customers and with customer system integrators to deploy Snowflake. This person must be a self-starter and used to a fast-paced, fun, energetic environment and comfortable with dealing with ambiguity.
This person must also have a passion to solve unique world-changing technology problems. The Solutions Consultant will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make Snowflake’s customers successful.
This person will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. He/she will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion about reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Snowflake and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for Snowflake, System Integrators and customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
As a Solutions Consultant at Snowflake, you will:
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of Snowflake & be able to document and present complex architectures to the customer’s technical teams
- Deploy Snowflake following best practices, including ensuring knowledge transfer so that customers are properly enabled and are able to extend the capabilities of Snowflake on their own
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices on Snowflake technology
- Maintain an understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and be able to articulate how Snowflake operates in that context
- Work with System Integrator consultants at a technical level to successfully position and deploy Snowflake in customer environments
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Work with & take leadership guidance from other members of the Professional Services team at all levels to develop and grow your expertise
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Support and Marketing to help improve Snowflake’s products and marketing.
- Create technical documentation, customer facing documentation, including status reports and knowledgebase articles
- Be willing and able to travel extensively around EMEA as required for customer implementations
Our ideal Solution Consultant will have
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical/consulting role
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Good communications skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Good understanding of the data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Good knowledge and experience of databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Good hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience of working in an environment selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers
- Solid knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java. Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
Bonus Points for Having
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
- Experience of enterprise SaaS software
- Proven success at enterprise software.
Why join our Professional Services team at Snowflake:
- Unique opportunity to work on a truly disruptive software product
- Get unique, hands-on experience with bleeding edge data warehouse technology
- Develop, lead and execute an industry-changing initiative
- Learn from the best! Join a dedicated, experienced team of professionals.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.