Sales Strategy Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Sales Operations strives to be the brain and the spine of the GTM organization team at Snowflake. As part of the Sales Operations group, we protect the investment in Snowflake’s rapidly growing GTM organization by ensuring Lead Gen, Sales, Account Management, Sales Engineers, and Partners have the insight, tools, and processes it needs to run effectively and efficiently.
The Sr Sales Strategy Analyst will help streamline how the Go To Market functions serve the business. You’ll be close to the company’s most critical performance data, and develop a keen understanding of how Snowflake acquires revenue. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse cast in our high-performing Ops organization (Business Systems, Marketing Operations, Data & Analytics, Sales Enablement).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
You’ll help us across the three critical areas of GTM & Sales operations:
Resourcing and Strategy:
- Maintain and update key dashboards which help keep our company on track (Company Dashboard, Global BDR Dashboard, Board Deck Dashboard).
- Help with quarterly KPI reporting (Board Deck presentations, Executive QBR decks, etc.)
- Facilitate, maintain and look for operational improvements to our offline territory scoring model to help Sales Leaders with hiring and expansion
- Facilitate ad hoc quarterly reporting to drive data driven decisions
- Help formalize, automate, and expand our GTM reporting. This includes (but is not limited to): weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, sales KPI’s, sales generated pipeline reviews, SE productivity, and forecasting.
- In conjunction with the team, mature a variety of our GTM/operational metrics with new models of pipeline and productivity.
- Present findings and insights to senior operations leadership and sales executives.
Process and Infrastructure:
- Help optimize the sales organization, sales leadership, and sales ops experience in Salesforce and other systems.
- Help to build and scale a best in class sales organization to help fuel our top line growth
- Know or learn what quality data means and help us design and improve it.
- Understand our Sales Process and ROEs to help build processes to enforce (compensation, segmentation, territory stratification)
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of operational experience, with at least 1-2 years in an analytical or ops capacity.
- Salesforce mastery: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows).
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding
- Patience with messy data and attention to detail
- Self-motivation with the desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Quantitative field (preferred major in Math, Economics, Finance, Accounting)
- Understanding of SQL or query language and/or scripting language (i.e you’ve heard of a “Left Join” or a “for loop”)
- Experience presenting to executive leadership
- Ability to tell a story with data - putting data points together to get to the action required to enhance and grow our business
- Ability/interest in learning BI/Reporting tools such Looker & Tableau
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.