Sr. Director, Partner Program
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling adding new talent to enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. We are looking for an experienced Partner Program Sr. Director to manage Snowflake’s growing partner eco-system as well ensure Snowflakes resources are focused on the most productive partners.
The Partner Program Sr. Director is a critical role with a task of both creating new partner programs that don’t exist within Snowflake as well as managing existing programs. This person will be a dynamic leader with the capability to both deliver big ideas and have the detail nature to identify areas of improvement in existing programs ripe for refinement. Snowflake is looking for a person who can grow with the company from the ground up in a leadership role as we continue to evolve and increase our sophistication and go to market strategies as a company. Driving the Partner go to market strategy working together with the Field sales and partner leadership is the core function of this leadership role.
As the Partner Program Leader you will be accountable for the following:
- Creating a partner program for Snowflake’s growing global System Integrator partner community. This includes putting in a program that helps Snowflake identify the most committed and vibrant partners as well as ensure the most effective partners are getting the most investment and resources from Snowflake.
- Implementing training requirements for partners that consist of a new developed technical certifications and working with the team to develop additional education requirements around sales and pre-sales technical enablement.
- Establishing the right criteria and working across Sales Operations, Legal and Finance to create future partnering models that could include, Resell, Managed Service Providers and/or OEM arrangements.
- Create a Technical Partner program to allow Snowflake the ability to both automate how we support emerging Technical relationships across the Data eco-system as well as determine measurable criteria on how to identify top partners through objective criteriaDevelop partner enablement strategies that allow Snowflake to scale globally and meet the growing demand as partners want to join our eco-system and enhance their Snowflake skillset
- Work with Partner Operations to develop system based approach to automate partner management and ensure emerging partners are managed in a self-service automated fashion.
- Act as the business owner working with Partner Marketing and Partner Operations for the partner experience on the partner portal
Our ideal Partner Program Leader will have:
- 12+ years working either for a partner organization and/or vendor partner organization preferably with corporate HQ partner experience at a vendor
- Cloud vendor experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Team management skills are a must
- Extensive partner program, enablement and partner go to market background
- Strong understanding of the partner eco-system and the various different partner business models that exist including System Integrator, Managed Service Provider, Resell and OEM
- Extensive programmatic skills with a capability of building out new programs that have not existed before
- Strong executive presentation skills to explain new partner sales strategies for executive review.
- Ability to work closely with legal to define compliant partner programs
- Experience in partner enablement as well as partner enablement team leadership is highly valued
- Ability to understand the details of the operational functionality of a program in order to be a program business sponsor for Partner Operations
- This role must be based out of the San Mateo headquarters
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.com.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Best Places to Work in 2015 and 2016. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.