Instructional Design/Learning Technology Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are currently looking for an Instructional Design/Learning Technology Specialist to create innovative learning experiences that help our employees perform as rock stars. This individual will bring creative and technical skills to the training team. Partnering with our sales enablement experts, this role will digitize and propagate and promote our online training footprint by advancing cutting edge learning solutions and leveraging our existing systems and technology and expanding into new space.
- Work in collaboration with subject matter experts, stakeholders and other internal customers to plan, design and develop multi-platform training solutions using strong instructional design methodology, applying adult and cognitive learning theory, and forming competency-based evaluations to ensure training solutions are effective and aligned with business and compliance requirements.
- Develop highly engaging and interactive eLearning courses for computer and mobile with advanced knowledge of eLearning production.
- Manage web-based, eLearning and classroom course development projects through all phases.
- Support/Facilitate train-the-trainer experiences as necessary.
- Monitor, amend and revise training content and materials as necessary in coordination with subject matter experts.
- Serve as subject matter expert in development trends, training tools, and learning platforms while continuously exploring new and innovative approaches to the design, development and delivery of learning solutions.
- Own our sales training systems including Mindtickle and the sales portal on confluence
- Translate instructional design into an online and on demand format
- Create a metrics system that allows us to validate the success of the training and improve
- Deliver training in a fast-paced, ever changing environment with high quality
- 3+ years of eLearning instructional design in digital and blended learning
- Expertise in effective Instructional System Design methodologies
- Deep experience with graphic design, video, gamification, simulations and microlearning
- Get it done, ownership attitude
- Cross-functional work style, embracing help from all functions
- Attention to detail and accuracy in execution
- Preference for bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Ability to travel as required (est < 50%)
- Background with SaaS/tech companies
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.