Sales Training Manager
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is seeking a Sales Training and Enablement Manager who will have the core responsibility of supporting the sales training team. This role will be responsible for developing and coordinating content and resources in support of all Enablement and Training for the Sales Organization.
This position will report into our Sales Enablement Leader and assist with the coordination, design and delivery of training programs, processes and tools to support the Sales Team’s goals and objectives. This includes the development, implementation and ongoing management of the sales on-boarding process, sales methodology, sales demo skills, sales playbooks and continuous sales training. This person will work closely across business functions to coordinate with diverse subject matter experts across departments (engineering, marketing, product, leadership) to increase productivity and performance of the sales team.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop professional training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials on Snowflake Sales processes and sales systems.
- Expand online training programs and curriculum to increases productivity and performance of the sales team (on-boarding, systems, sales processes, and methodology)
- Partner with various departments to develop and maintain sales training material and content
- Maintain and administer the Learning Management System (Litmos and MindTickle) to manage, track and document training efforts to ensure continued growth and success
- Train end users on effective utilization and reporting within Litmos and MindTickle
- Drive education on sales processes, operational updates, and best practices to help increase productivity and adoption of internal systems
- Able to use your organizational skills to create content that the entire sales team can digest
- Develop self-serve video training content tailored to role specific functions (BDR, AE, SE, Partners) with video technology such as Camtasia or iMovie
- Strong eye for design, making complex training concepts come alive in a consumable format
Key Focus Areas:
- Sales Effectiveness: Help to build compelling and crisp communications; sales demo skills; objection handling geared towards driving improved sales productivity.
- Sales Methodology Training: After learning our sales methodology yourself, build an effective onboarding and ongoing training program to ensure initial and continuous development of the sales team.
- Content Management: help to prioritize, create, integrate, and publish training materials to the Sales Team; implement and manage on-going feedback with the Sales Team to drive continuous improvement of the materials and sales performance.
- Training: Build out a calendar of formal and informal sessions covering new hire sales training, product launches, demo skills training, ongoing skill development, sales boot-camps, internal process updates, etc.
Our ideal Associate will have:
- BA/BS degree and 2-5 years of related experience in training
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills, including ability to create powerpoints or other presentation
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and be a team player with strong intrapersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Adept at project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrates attention to detail and organization skills
- Is adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency with Learning Management Systems
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- SaaS and B2B products
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.