Human Resource Business Partner - Operations
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As an HRBP, you will perform a variety of duties to assist the department in the operation and execution of People processes, programs and functions in alignment with the Company’s overall principles, regulations and policies, to help create a results-oriented, high performance work environment.
As a HRBP at Snowflake you will:
- Partner with People Team Leadership on initiatives to enable growth of the Operations teams.
- Partner with Operations Leadership to roll out programs and tools consistent with the business and culture of the company.
- Partner with leaders on job and organization design, change management and communications.
- Lead the immigration process from start to finish for new hires as well as current employees in your assigned teams.
- First point of contact for employees and managers for coaching and HR guidance on employee relations, compensation, career development, etc.
- Lead Performance Optimization process.
- Participate in helping to design, develop, test and deliver new HR programs and services.
- Compliance compiles reports from ADP/WorkDay.
- Other duties as needed.
Our ideal HR Business Partner will have:
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in human resources, with a minimum of 3 years serving as an HRBP.
- Strong demonstrated organizational skills, ability to stretch between strategic thinking detail orientation and an unwavering sense of humor.
- Compassionate customer Service and engagement skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong EQ and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication.
- Competency in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas and instructions. Experience documenting policies is a plus.
- Passion for data and experience influencing data-driven decision making with analysis and research.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs and Sheets.
- Availability to travel as needed both domestically and internationally. Knowledge and experience working with India is a plus.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to changing priorities as needed.
- People Management experience is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience strongly preferred. Masters degree a plus.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.