Senior Financial Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Join the Snowflake Finance team and help us scale our finance and accounting operations with our rapid growth! We are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst to support our expanding finance team. This unique role owns a series of interesting, high visibility projects that can help Snowflake scale smart as we grow.
As a Financial Analyst, your work is used by our executives to make strategic decisions that will have an immediate impact on the company. You will join a small, growing finance team and have access to senior leadership across multiple departments. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our business and who possesses the analytical rigor and strategic thinking to help our business scale smart as we grow. You need to embrace challenges and be able to approach complex problems in an organized and detail-oriented manner. You will help drive process improvements for data flows to enable increased accuracy and faster turnaround time for publication of financial results to enable better, strategic decision-making.
- Produce long and short term financial plans, ensuring strong linkage between both, to support critical expansion and operational strategies
- Improve revenue planning processes and systems to enhance management visibility and decision-making
- Take a leadership role to track and analyze SaaS metrics; interpret cost and usage trends and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- Manage existing KPI’s and develop new performance metrics
- Take on ad-hoc projects and synthesize results into digestible summaries
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an investment banking environment
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record, preferably in finance or economics
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling - need to have the ability and passion to build complex financial models
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across various functions
- Highly self-motivated and stellar work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Determined and resourceful; independently capable of seeking information, solving complex problems, compiling resources and delivering results
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.