Lead Products Counsel
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Corporate Counsel to support Snowflake’s product development. This attorney will be responsible for legal and regulatory aspects of development and global deployment of all Snowflake products and will work closely with Snowflake’s privacy, security, IP and compliance teams.
The role requires leadership, strategic vision, self-motivation, a willingness to dive into technical details, and smart risk assessment in an extremely fast paced environment. The role is preferably based in the San Mateo, CA and will report to our VP and Deputy General Counsel of Policy.
- Overall responsibility for all product legal work, including advising on use of third-party licensed code and open source code
- Create and manage education, information, and training programs for product engineers on relevant legal issues
- Advise clients regarding legal issues, risks, and opportunities in developing and deploying new products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Snowflake’s privacy, security, intellectual property, compliance, and sales teams to ensure products are developed consistently with internal policies and processes and customer commitments and expectations
The ideal candidate will have:
- JD from an accredited law school
- License to practice law in the State of California
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in counseling on product development (preferably in-house with a successful enterprise SaaS company)
- Knowledge of U.S. and international laws as they relate to the development and deployment of Snowflake’s products
- Ability to create and maintain legal resources for products, such as service terms and other disclosures
- Working understanding Snowflake’s SaaS offerings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, dynamic environment of rapid growth
- Ability to work efficiently, optimize resources and take smart risks
- Strong project and people management skills
- Ability to solve complex problems while balancing legal risks with business needs
- High personal standards of excellence and ethics
- Innate curiosity, desire and ability to learn rapidly, and resiliency and comfort serving as a trusted business partner
- Demonstrated commitment and alignment with our Snowflake values
- A sense of humor!
The right candidate will be flexible, fun, hard-working and have the desire to be impactful, as your contributions will be a key driver to Snowflake’s continued growth and success.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.