San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Our objective is to provide highly available, reliable and scalable tools/services infrastructure that enables our engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release enterprise software quickly. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
At Snowflake our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
You have a strong understanding of SQL related technologies and Distributed Systems. You have experience working as a systems engineer in a services, cloud or enterprise environment, and have implemented end-to-end workflows to simulate customer-like scenarios. You will be modeling and building Cloud based, SaaS Data Warehouse service workloads representing existing/interesting scenarios of Snowflake customers.
As a Systems Engineer at Snowflake, you will:
- Design and build advanced test automation frameworks to enable end-to-end workflow of workloads.
- Automate end to end workflows to simulate customer-like use cases.
- Look into usage patterns of our customers and model workloads for representation of those patterns.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall system health.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to drive Quality upstream.
- Apply practical theoretical knowledge to evaluate technical solutions.
- Quickly able to learn, leverage and incorporate new technology and methodologies on own initiative.
- Applies theoretical knowledge in interpreting data and results by systematically breaking down information in a communicable manner.
- Thrive to deliver an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
Our ideal Systems Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Proficient in SQL, Linux, and programming languages such as Python or Java.
- 3+ years of experience developing workloads, tools and architectures using SQL(Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, Redshift) and/or other distributed computing systems.
- Data Warehousing & associated customer operations experience with these technologies.
- Strong Customer Advocacy and Passion for Quality.
- Customer-focused engagement experience is a huge plus.
- Ability to debug challenging technical problems related end-to-end solutions, security, parallel and distributed systems, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Possess a passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and good judgement.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- *Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- *Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- *User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience. Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.