VP of Retail Industry Strategy
North America, US
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Our VP of Retail Industry Strategy loves retail and analytics and understands the importance of utilizing the latest technologies to offer insights. You will establish critical partnerships with cross-functional business partnerships across Snowflake. Objectives include creating alignment on brand strategy, customer needs, product positioning, market opportunities and driving operational excellence to achieve high performance.
You will have a future opportunity to grow a team of retail industry evangelists within the product strategy organization.
About the Job
- Accountable for Snowflake’s efforts to provide groundbreaking yet simple solutions that allow our retail customers to better understand and serve their customers.
- Partner with sales to act as industry evangelist to ensure we help our current and future retail customers address their most important business issues and improve their results.
- Support Marketing in the creation of extraordinary retail content and blogs and participation in webinars, events, and conferences.
- Collaborate with Alliances in building partnerships with SIs and technology partners.
- Enthusiastically identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth.
- Monitor and refine processes, metrics, and tools to improve success on the CPS team.
- Coach, develop and promote the generation of Snowflake Sales Directors that can excel selling into the retail vertical
- Collaborate with the Product Team to deliver features that will drive value within the Retail Industry
What you'll need
- 10 + years in the retail space within the digital organization leading all activities of advanced analytics
- Consulting and direct experience working for retail company highly preferred
- You have extensive experience in championing a retail organization’s groundbreaking technology for the use of advanced analytics in making key business decisions
- Experience performing in-depth analysis, including augmenting our data, to collaborate with leadership and inform strategy for the organization
- You have a well-rounded understanding of technical trends specifically within analytics, data warehousing and cloud
- Experience successfully collaborating with salespeople to achieve performance goals.
- You have excellent communication, social, and organizational skills
- Robust Salesforce.com analysis and reporting skillset
- Ability to identify and address roadblocks to success, See something broken? Fix it.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.