Legal Operations Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake Legal is looking for a dynamic individual to be a part of the growing legal team. In this role, you will help support business processes, maintain information and records, develop and maintain department technology applications, and work with different teams across the company to enable the business to grow and scale. The Legal Operations role will be a focal point of the legal team. This person must be a team player, have a strong work ethic and adapt to a fast pace environment. The role will be responsible for assisting Legal team events, meetings, and trainings. The role will need to adapt and evolve as legal operations continues to build and align with the needs of the department and the business. The role will be located at Snowflake’s San Mateo headquarters and will report to Snowflake’s Head of Legal Operations.
What you will do:
- Manage and address incoming inquiries to the legal team relating to all aspects of the contract lifecycle (including sales and vendor agreements)
- Maintain contract template versions and assist in deploying changes to templates across the enterprise and external platforms
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance incoming requests to the legal department
- Updating analytics tools (Salesforce.com), trouble-shooting, training, tracking and reporting
- Being responsible for signature acquisition process
- Participating in the evaluation, testing and implementation of new, or enhancements to existing, applications
- Analyze and develop reports on the accuracy, reliability and effectiveness of existing systems and recommend improvements in system design, business processes and new technology product offerings
- Gather and provide legal responses to RFPs, vendor questionnaires and other requests for legal information, populate and RFO database
- Support Legal as requested
- Other responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 2 - 4 full years in-house experience in legal operations, sales operations or contract administration
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Attention to detail
- Excellent business judgement
- Experience working in-house at a technology company strongly preferred
- Ability to promptly return reply to requests from legal team and also internal business
- Expertise in Gmail, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign, Salesforce, Box – comfortable to learn any new program or software
- Familiarity workflow automation tools
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.