Legal Operations Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Snowflake Legal is looking for a dynamic individual to be a part of the growing legal team. In this role, you will help support business processes, maintain information and records, develop and maintain department technology applications, and work with different teams across the company to enable the business to grow and scale. The Legal Operations role will be a focal point of the legal team. This person must be a team player, have a strong work ethic and adapt to a fast pace environment. The role will be responsible for assisting Legal team events, meetings, and trainings. The role will need to adapt and evolve as legal operations continues to build and align with the needs of the department and the business. The role will be located at Snowflake’s San Mateo headquarters and will report to Snowflake’s Head of Legal Operations.
What you will do:
- Manage and address incoming inquiries to the legal team relating to all aspects of the contract lifecycle (including sales and vendor agreements)
- Maintain contract template versions and assist in deploying changes to templates across the enterprise and external platforms
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance incoming requests to the legal department
- Updating analytics tools (Salesforce.com), trouble-shooting, training, tracking and reporting
- Being responsible for signature acquisition process
- Participating in the evaluation, testing and implementation of new, or enhancements to existing, applications
- Analyze and develop reports on the accuracy, reliability and effectiveness of existing systems and recommend improvements in system design, business processes and new technology product offerings
- Gather and provide legal responses to RFPs, vendor questionnaires and other requests for legal information, populate and RFO database
- Support Legal as requested
- Other responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 2 - 4 full years in-house experience in legal operations, sales operations or contract administration
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Attention to detail
- Excellent business judgement
- Experience working in-house at a technology company strongly preferred
- Ability to promptly return reply to requests from legal team and also internal business
- Expertise in Gmail, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign, Salesforce, Box – comfortable to learn any new program or software
- Familiarity workflow automation tools
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.