Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team, working out of our Bangalore office, reporting to the Senior Director of Global IT Operations, servicing our Global internal customers. The Systems Administrator is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers, delivering IT services, acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Has a “can do” attitude and enjoys participating with a global team
· Works with a high degree of integrity and accountability
Has a passion for customer service
· Deploy , maintain and upgrade new and existing security technologies services that align with Snowflake’s security strategy
· Work with Global IT staff and Security Operations teams to investigate and resolve problems associated with security issues
· Remediate discovered vulnerabilities that meet defined SLA’s to ensure the highest defense posture possible
· Provide operations support including, account management, workflow, log analysis, troubleshooting and service optimization
· Actively participate as a Global IT member and participate on Global Projects when needed
· Assists in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of systems and services
· Perform analysis, installation, maintenance and upgrade of Mac based OS and client side applications
· Support local Offices via helpdesk ticketing system and understand when to escalate priority issues
· Clearly document all actions performed to resolve the service request in the IT Service Management System
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
The Systems Administrator must demonstrate a proven abilityto provide excellent customer service, manage and prioritize project related activities, excellent organizational skills, a teamwork approach and the ability to act independently to solve problems.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and ability to handle high demands
· Strong understanding of patch management methodology and software packaging solutions
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Information Technology field with at least 3 years hands-on technical roles in the field
· Must have the ability to exercise indepent judgement in planning, organizing, and performing systems analyst tasks. Some independent judgement required in setting priorities of tasks among multiple assigned projects
· Highly organized and must have excellent oral and written communcaiton skills
· General understanding of VPN technologies, Active Directory, Jamf, and Service Now
· Good understanding of multi-factor authentication, SSO and identity management
· Experience with IaaS and PaaS technologies such as Azure, AWS and O365
· Experienced with security related tools such as DLP and Crowdstrike
· Administration experience with Mac client systems
· Innovative skills and self-confidence needed
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.