Security Operations Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Security Operations Engineer at Snowflake, you will:
- Work hand-in-hand with our team of SREs, Infrastructure Engineers, and Security Engineers to provide a highly secure, highly automated runtime environment suitable for extremely security sensitive customers.
- Provide dedicated security engineering bandwidth to the existing team.
- Authentication and Authorization at the infrastructure (vs application) layer.
- Cloud Provider specific security techniques.
- Further enabling automation for security critical systems.
- Enhance security data telemetry at scale.
Our ideal Security Operations Engineer will have:
- Strong fundamental understanding of:
- -Security / Risk fundamentals
- -Cloud Provider security models
- -Linux/UNIX Operating Systems
- -Familiarity with industry-standard encryption tools
- Prior industry experience in a security role.
- Prior experience with a automation framework (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc…).
- Ability to use a OO programming language (Python preferred but not required).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or competing cloud providers.
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience with a SIEM.
- Prior usage of a time-series based monitoring / observability platform.
- In-depth experience with a operating system and network security.
- Prior development of complex or large scale security related software systems. The stronger the development skills, the better!
- Able to work on-site in our downtown San Mateo office (next to Caltrain).
- Able to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.