Partner Sales Engineer - Azure Platform
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake’s mission is to enable every organization to be data-driven with instant
elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds.
Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms
and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are looking for a world-class Alliances Sales Engineer to be part of a team that is
enabling Snowflake’s global partner ecosystem. Through our partners Snowflake brings
digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees with the data
they need, more fully engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform
their products. The Alliances Sales Engineer plays a critical role in working with partners
to share a compelling vision for building new practices and solutions that enable
customers to be data-driven. The Alliances Sales Engineer is an evangelist building
relationships with partner technical resources and assist them in envisioning new
solutions, new solution architectures that include Snowflake. ASEs are armed with the
world’s best partner and customer success stories. Lastly, the ASE is an expert who
stands out because of their ability to speak to both technical and business audiences,
and a demonstrated ability to digest and articulate details regarding the competitive
positioning of Snowflake in a clear and concise manner.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion about reinventing the data platform
and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and
willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Snowflake and our
partners successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for
data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource in the data ecosystem. And it
means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the
As an ASE you will be responsible for providing the technical enablement and expertise to make our cloud platform and ecosystem partners, as well as our customers successful. This role will require a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. The ideal candidate will have the insight to make the connection between specific business problems and Snowflake’s solution, as well as the skills to communicate that connection and vision to highly skilled partners.
Evangelism & Mentoring of partner technical staff
- Interfacing with both the partner’s generalist and specialist solution architects to mentor and evangelize Azure cloud services.
- Promote and position yourself as THE Snowflake subject matter expert for your partner teams.
Solution Architecture Consultation
- Digests and articulates the technology roadmap for new features to the partner eco-system
- Assess the strategic and technical alignment of the partner’s solution with Snowflake’s best practices
- Perform successful storytelling to provide insights and examples to Partners of developed solutions on multiple solution areas targeting specific industries
- Engages with Partner Enablement to build the technical enablement plan including on-boarding, up/cross skilling, bootcamps, trainings and meeting certification requirements
- Oversees success for the delivery of workshops, Bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners
- Contributes to the success of Proof of Concepts and architecture design sessions by collaborating with platform and eco-system technical resources to drive increased compute consumption
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements):
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
Qualifications (Strongly Desired):
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
- Ability to onboard and train system integrators and technology partners
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++, ,NET, or Java
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
Added Bonus For:
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, …)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Cognos, Looker, Tableau, …)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using Azure services such as Azure Blob, Event Hubs, HDInsight, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Proven success at enterprise software
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.