Sales Director (561)
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
The Sales Director is responsible for building client relationships with enterprise, mid-market & SMB businesses within a specified region. People who excel at this job have the ability to prospect (via email, phone, & partner ecosystem), develop, and close business within a timely manner while focusing on the clients’ requirements. The Sales Directors must have the confidence and ability to negotiate and close agreements with Clients and support new customers through our on-boarding process.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to high visibility, high impact projects at a very exciting time for the company. Snowflake is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an energetic, self-managed professional with experience managing a complex sales process and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Sales Director at Snowflake you will:
- Achieve sales quotas for allocated accounts and/or territory on a quarterly and annual basis by developing a sales strategy in the allocated territory with a target prospect list, and a regional sales plan.
- Develop marketing plans with the marketing team to drive revenue growth.
- Be the trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future IT roadmap to drive the Snowflake solution within the marketplace.
- Prospect qualification and the development of new sales opportunities and ongoing revenue streams.
- Arrange and conduct initial Executive and CxO discussions and positioning meetings.
- Sales process management and opportunity closure.
- Ongoing account management to ensure customer satisfaction and drive additional revenue streams.
- Be familiar with solution-based approach to selling, have experience managing a complex sales process and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities.
Our ideal Sales Director will have:
- BA/BS required.
- 3+ years of field sales experience preferred with an emphasis on database (SQL & NoSQL), ETL, or business intelligence.
- 5+ year’s experience in a Commercial Account Executive (or equivalent) role within the SaaS or related industry.
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new client relationships.
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year and experience on averaging 8+ face to face meetings per week.
- New business sales focus.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement.
- Experience determining customer requirements and presenting appropriate solutions.
- Pro-active, independent thinker with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced startup environment.
- Executive level relationship management.
- Ability to understand the "bigger picture" and the business drivers around IT.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Industry specific experience.
- Experience implementing MEDDPICC.
- Experience selling software or cloud based applications to the Enterprise is desired.
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.