Director of External Reporting and Technical Accounting
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re growing and looking for a driven Director of External reporting and Technical Accounting to join our team. You will report to the VP Finance, Corporate Controller, this key position will be responsible for owning the SEC reporting process, SOX compliance and technical accounting for the Company. The position will oversee the external reporting process, including SEC documents and support for review by internal and external stakeholders including external auditors, senior management, legal counsel and audit committee. This position will lead quarter and year-end reporting related to the earnings, including ownership over financial aspects of the earnings reporting and generation of key reports. This position will be a key financial role responsible for providing leadership in technical accounting matters across the entire organization and oversee accounting for stock-based compensation.
What you'll do:
- Lead the preparation of all SEC filings (Form S-1, 10Q, 10K, etc.) including managing the review and approval process of all SEC filings with external auditors, senior management, legal counsel and audit committee. Prepare timelines and meeting materials and distribute draft filings for review
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines and serve as a subject matter expert on US GAAP
- Responsible for all technical accounting and disclosures, including research and preparation of technical accounting memos and working with third-party consultants as needed to support conclusions
- Responsible for accounting for stock-based compensation, including implementing an equity management system and ensuring the integrity of the company’s stock and options data and plans
- Develop accounting policies and advise on operations changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules
- Hire, retain, develop, and mentor SEC Reporting team
- Ad hoc projects, analysis and reporting as required by management
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting with CPA license required
- Prior Public accounting/audit experience with Big 4 highly desired
- Strong background with SEC filings (S-1,10K, 10Q, XBRL tagging) required, prior IPO experience (S-1 filings, etc.) considered a plus
- Strong understanding and application of GAAP and financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
- Experience with public company stock administration and expense reporting
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.