Director of Leasing and Administration
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Reporting to the Director of Workplace Enablement, This position is responsible for
Management of all Real Estate transactions for the acquisition and disposition of space
worldwide. Determine the best possible solution for providing the appropriate amount of
space to the business by assessing opportunities for consolidating, expanding or
downsizing offices. Maintain contractual compliance for all real property agreements
while adhering to policies. Provide detailed reporting related to critical dates,
benchmarking and portfolio optimization for all locations in the real estate portfolio.
- Understand Real Estate objectives and timelines; use this information to successfully manage the Real Estate portfolio for Snowflake Computing.
- Improve our overall efficiency within the real estate portfolio by exceeding established benchmark goals for real estate portfolio metrics.
- Engage with the landlords, business leaders, Legal, Finance, Project Management, Planning and Facilities to ensure that we are delivering the appropriate/efficient real estate solutions for the business.
- Provide oversight on the management, compliance and financial reporting of our worldwide real estate portfolio. Maintain all contractual and site related data to support consolidated financial reporting for all real estate activities
- Real Property Contract Management
- Critical Date Reporting
- Proper financial treatments of agreements
- Timely review and approval all rent invoices
- Track real property tax activity
- Management of sublet and vacant properties
- Balance Sheet Obligation Reporting
- Meet internal reporting deadlines for monthly/quarterly close cycles.
- Degree in Business Administration and Real Estate Broker’s License, Management or similar discipline
- Minimum ten (10) years transaction management experience in a corporate setting with extensive global experience
- Solid business judgment
- Superb customer service skills
- Strong influence and strategic negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels
- Ability to define and prioritize options when presented with obstacles
- Ability to maximize contributions from both external and internal resources
- Some Travel required
- Ability to manage multi, complex transactions at one time
- Astute Real Estate Contingency and Scenario planner
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.