Senior Cloud Security Operations Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Snowflake is looking for a Senior Cloud Security Operations Engineer to join the Cloud Engineering group in our new San Mateo headquarters. As a part of this team, you will work hand-in-hand with Site Reliability, Infrastructure, and Security Engineers to expand, maintain, and secure the cloud infrastructure that supports our product. A list of responsibilities, ideal characteristics and bonus points experience can be found below.
You do not have to meet every single one of these requirements or ideal characteristics to apply!
- Design application-specific cloud access controls
- Design and implement multi-cloud security techniques
- Manage encryption key infrastructure
- Further enable automation for security critical systems
- Enhance security data telemetry at scale
- Be able to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- A strong fundamental understanding of Linux/UNIX operating systems and how to secure them
- A working understanding of cryptography, especially common PKI systems
- Experience in cloud networking
- Prior industry experience in a security role
- Prior experience with infrastructure automation frameworks (Ansible, Terraform, Chef or Puppet, etc.)
- Some experience with an object-oriented programming language (Python preferred but not required)
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- (Cloud) security tools
- Time-series based monitoring and observability platforms
- Operating system and network security
- Development of complex or large scale security related software systems (the stronger the development skills the better!)
- Multiple cloud platforms
- Shell scripting
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience
- Join a world-class team of industry leaders
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the top 50 Best Places to Work by LinkedIn. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.