Application Security Engineer in Test
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are seeking Application Security Engineer in test with expertise in cybersecurity working with databases and cloud services In this role, you will design security testing architecture for threat modeling, penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Lead security engineering efforts from planning to execution and delivery for solving complex engineering problems in tools and testing
- Ability to understand ins & outs of systems, software, and services deeply in order to break them
- Produce actionable, threat-based, reports on security testing results with minimal false positives
- Foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (development and DevOps)
- Mentor new hires by providing technical guidance
- Experience in cybersecurity working with databases and cloud services (Web applications, complex cloud environments, Web services - REST)
- Experience in threat modeling, pen tests, and vulnerability assessments
- Experience in developing and maintaining security test plans
- Experience developing automation framework for tooling and analyzing external tools to detect and simulate attack vulnerabilities (SQL injection, privilege escalation, weak passwords, ACLs, open ports, ..) fuzzers static/dynamic code scanners analyzers to generate alerts for vulnerabilities
- Experience enabling security testing in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Fundamental understanding of Linux systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with testing frameworks such as the PTES, OWASP, etc
- Experience with SaaS and cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google cloud
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.