Global Workplace Operations Manager
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
About Global Workplace
The Global Workplace Team’s mission is to create an environment for our high performing teams that allows them to realize their true potential. An environment that promotes speed of information exchange and ideas. A sustainable environment that aligns with our environmental values and leadership. We’re disruptors and innovators, driven to provide a truly outstanding workplace environment, programs and services.
Snowflake has an opening in our San Mateo HQ office for an inspiring, passionate, adaptable, proactive and diligent Workplace Operations leader with a desire to ensure we provide world-class working environments for our employees.
This position requires an extremely thorough self-starter who possess outstanding workplace operations and team management skills, and who demonstrates exceptional diligence and attention to detail. You will be extremely proficient at taking the initiative to drive results, be solution-oriented, deal with ambiguity, rapid changes in priorities and short deadlines, and have the ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional internal and external stakeholders and vendors, including senior executives.
Who we are looking for
Snowflake is looking for truly outstanding individuals that exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset. You will have a solid track record of career growth and increasing responsibility, with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development. You will have worked at rapidly growing organizations and become a key leader for their Workplace/ Facilities team. You will be looking to make the next leap forward in your career as you are now ready for significant management responsibility but at the same time ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to ensure Workplace realizes its mission.
- Overall responsibility for the North America Workplace Operations team - hire, lead and mentor to drive and create a performance culture;
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight of the Global Workplace operations team and programs;
- Manage communication between Workplace & leadership on all workplace programs, space initiatives and projects.
- Manage workplace operations for all NA offices — events, foodservice, janitorial, mail, storage, parking/ transportation, etc. and strategic management of workplace operations
- Develop the NA Workplace opex and capex forecast, in partnership with other Workplace teams, and track spend against the budget/ forecast, including the 2 year facility and equipment repair and maintenance budget
- Develop and track performance metrics for space utilization, programs, costs and team performance, and track appropriate KPI’s
- Oversee compliance with furniture and space aesthetic standards and provide input on adjustments to standards where appropriate to reflect the local culture
- Coordinate and manage all inter and intra-office moves and restacks
- In partnership with the Design/Build team, help determine the space needs, design and layout and be the liaison between the occupying department leaders, finance, and the Workplace Design/ Build team & oversee through completion.
- Oversee mail, shipping and receiving of goods, including handling deliveries and freight;
- Coordinate and manage new space commissioning and decommissioning at the end of a lease and assist with subtenant management
- Oversee general equipment and furniture inventory management, utilization and moves;
- Undertaking frequent physical inspection of all offices to ensure high standards for cleanliness, maintenance and overall office look & feel is being maintained
- 10+ years workplace, facility or construction management experience
- Formal training in real estate, workplace and/or facilities management
- Able to provide vision, solutions, education, analysis, and input for continuous improvement of the workplace team.
- Significant people management experience - hiring, mentoring and leading a diverse team of workplace professionals at all levels - and a network of individuals that will willingly follow you in the next step in your career
- Positive attitude & “can-do” attitude you will be an extremely adaptable, self-starter with excellent customer service skills
- A strategic thinker, tactical do-er, you will be equally comfortable presenting to senior executives as managing the janitorial team
- Excellent listening skills, organizational skills, & strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and demands
- Willing to travel as necessary, and manage employees and work performed remotely
- Highly proficient with project management tools, Excel and the Office Suite, and at developing and delivering reports, analysis and presentations
- Strong work ethic, commitment to quality, & proven follow-through skills
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.