Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for talented, passionate Cloud Platform Engineers to join our cloud engineering team in San Mateo, CA and evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. You will be part of a new team that has been tasked with building the next generation, highly available, global scale, multi-cloud PaaS platform with open source technologies to enable and accelerate Snowflake's rapid growth. You will get to be a technology thought leader, evangelize new, cutting edge technologies and solve complex problems.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient platform services that include but not limited to Container platform, DNS, NTP, SMTP etc.
- Research and implement solutions to build a highly reliable and scalable Kubernetes platform.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of the new platform to meet business goals.
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of platform services.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services
Our ideal Cloud Platform Engineer will have:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years experience in a platform or devops team in a SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- At least 2+ years experience in containerization of micro services and container orchestration solutions notably Kubernetes. Experience with Amazon EKS, Azure AKS or Google GKE highly desired.
- Strong coding skills in Python or Go.
- Experience with Cloud computing toolsets - Terraform, Vault, Packer etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible.
- Firm grasp of IP networking, load balancing, DNS.
- Strong sysadmin background, demonstrated knowledge of OS lifecycle management managing complex OS upgrades preferably with RHEL or CentOS.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.