Strategic Events Coordinator
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake Computing is looking for a Strategic Events Coordinator, based in our corporate headquarters in San Mateo, CA. As a Strategic Events Coordinator, you are responsible for flawless execution and support of the Strategic Event Plan by incorporating demand generation programs and campaigns to build awareness, drive and nurture leads, and accelerate opportunities to close. In addition, you must successfully collaborate with a variety of individuals and teams as well as manage numerous projects simultaneously, in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and to explore.
- Own and drive logistics and execution of all planned strategic events; help shape event themes, work with outside vendors, oversee fulfillment/inventory levels, manage events’ sales staffing & training
- Support Snowflake’s demand generation and sales goals through strategic events, regional conferences, & trade shows
- Collaborate with the alliances organization on Snowflake’s strategic sponsorships and go-to-market execution plan at partner events
- Maintain direct alignment with sales team in terms of all pre and post event communication, marketing-driven campaigns, and event promotion strategy
- Evaluate all event campaigns’ impact and ROI to determine the success and forecast for potential future investment
- Research, plan and maintain the Snowflake online calendar of events including 3rd party industry conferences and Snowflake-driven physical event series
- Maintain standardized event procedures and train staff into properly executing them
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Set goals and define metrics for each event including targeted lead flowPlan, build, and adhere to an event budget to avoid project overruns
- Manage internal field and events communication between sales and marketing
- Represent Snowflake to counterparts at partners, vendors, and outside vendors
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- Drive Snowflake's mission by always representing our values at every event
- Give a complete understanding of the requirements and expectations for each event
- Maintain email/slack responsivity rate within a 24-hour time period
- Experience in Salesforce, Marketo, Excel, Wordpress
- High proficiency with office productivity applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Apps)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel frequently as needed to support in person events, up to 50% travel.
- 2+ years of experience in event, tradeshow, or field marketing
- Strong project management, time management, and execution skills
- Embodies strong organizational skills, ability to anticipate the needs of the company
- Ability to maintain an optimistic, approachable, and self-starter attitude
- Demonstrates creative spark as expressed in ideas for messaging, creative design, etc.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.