Senior Software Engineer
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We’re hiring talented Senior Software Engineers to join us! This position will work directly with our engineering team in Bellevue WA to evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and who are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas, including making contributions to open source big data projects.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Enhance the programmability surface of Snowflake and improve the experience of the data developer.
- Contribute to big data open source projects to add connectivity and support for Snowflake.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer will have:
- 7+ years industry experience designing and building database systems, compilers, or developer tools.
- Experience building enterprise grade, reliable and trustworthy software or services.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Fluency in Java.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- SQL and/or other database technologies including internal implementations.
- Data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- ASF open source projects, ideally from the big-data/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query compilation, compiler design and implementation.
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS in particular.
- Delivering compelling experiences in SaaS or web-based solutions.
- Implementing multi-tenant systems, with focus on isolation and security.
- Designing and implementing systems for public or private clouds.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Learn about and contribute to highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machine.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.