Software Engineer - University Graduate (Entry Level) - ARCHIVED 5/19
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! Software engineers at Snowflake are passionate about building technologies for databases/data warehouse in the cloud. You will collaborate and learn with a team of programming experts to solve problems and build technology solutions. We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly--and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas and will have an impact on our customers and our products.
As a Software Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and high availability of large scale distributed systems and the query processing engine.
- A bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree in engineering, computer science or related field (must be within six months of graduation).
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
- A year or two of experience in C/C++/C#/VB.NET and experience designing and developing tool architecture preferred.
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience.
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
- Expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with SQL and/or other database technologies including internal implementations.
- Experience with data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- Experience with implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query optimization, query execution, compiler design and implementation.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, AWS in particular.
- Experience delivering compelling experiences in SaaS or web-based solutions.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- *Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- *Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- *User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- *Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.