Sr. Data Analyst - Executive Reporting
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst. This role will report to the Director of Data and Analytics and will work closely with our CEO as well as the entire Executive Team on high-visibility, cross-departmental, strategic reporting and analyses. This individual will work on special projects that span all areas of Snowflake, including Finance, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Operations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Expert-level experience with analytical SQL (5+ years on a regular basis).
- A strong background in statistics or econometrics. This means the ability to generate and interpret descriptive statistics, to conduct tests, and to benchmark and interpret models in order to guide business decision-making.
- Experience with time-series forecasting is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 4+ years of experience with either Python (scikit-learn, numpy, and pandas) or R.
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence tools, ideally Looker and Tableau.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- There is no particular degree requirement; however, people with a background in Economics, Statistics, Industrial Operations, or Business may be particularly well-suited for the role. Experience in a product analytics organization and/or a technical B2B SaaS company may also be advantageous.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.