Sr. IT Compliance Manager
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Senior IT Compliance Manager is a key member of the IT team and works with compliance, security, legal and internal auditors to ensure compliance with all industry mandated regulations as it applies to the IT department. This role will define, implement and manage a comprehensive IT compliance program to support Snowflake’s corporate business objectives and continually focus on improving our posture as the company grows globally.
- Has a “can do” attitude and, enjoys building and leading a high performing team.
- Works with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Results oriented, leveraging metrics to make strategic decisions.
- Innate attention to detail, project planning expertise and execution.
- Be the main point of contact for IT and assist on all Snowflake internal and external audit teams where IT inquiry is required
- Monitor activities of assigned IT areas to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures including monthly, quarterly and annual account and activity reviews
- Develop, maintain and publish the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan for Snowflake with a supporting Business Impact Analysis report and assist with customer audit inquiries
- Identify remediating controls and performance gaps compared to industry best practice to help Snowflake gain stakeholder buy-in
- Work collaboratively with Security Compliance and Legal teams to identify and manage privacy, data protection risks and compliance requirements to help meet stakeholder expectations
- Assist organizations in the identification and management of IT security risks by assessing the current state, prioritizing improvements and conducting projects to reduce risk and improve regulatory compliance
- Identify, maintain and publish the requirements for the IT department to achieve compliance and privacy standards including PII, GDPR, HIPAA, FEDRAMP, ISO 27001 and other standards as Snowflake continues to grow globally
- Ensure execution of required testing and auditing activities for the IT department by internal and external parties leading to the successful certification of the company on an on-going basis
- Make broad recommendations on improving compliance related processes and/or procedures as it pertains to the IT department; partner with management to implement solutions
- Keep abreast of changing regulatory requirements and appropriately adjust the scope of the IT compliance program to accommodate these changes
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS in a business related field and/or equivalent years of experience working with software industry/cloud product experience preferred
- 5 years experience in Information Technology or Information Security experience
- 7 years experience in IT Compliance and Auditing
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of a comprehensive IT compliance program that balances risk and the needs and goals of the business
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate compliance related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- ]Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing credibility and relationships with senior leadership, colleagues, and clients
- Demonstrated success working with internal audit, external auditors, outside consultants, and legal affairs
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale projects
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.