San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Intellectual Property Paralegal to support Snowflake’s intellectual property portfolios. This paralegal will be responsible for organizing and maintaining patent, trademark, and other IP dockets and related policies and procedures.
The role is based in San Mateo, CA and will report to our VP and Deputy General Counsel of Intellectual Property and Litigation.
Working together with in-house and outside counsel, this paralegal will:
- Organize and implement policies and procedures for Snowflake’s intellectual property issues, including its patent and trademark portfolios
- Organize, schedule, and participate in necessary internal meetings in support of the IP portfolio, including invention disclosure, patent committee, and similar meetings
- Coordinate with inside and outside counsel and internal stakeholders to provide needed information and feedback on filings in a timely and efficient manner
- Build relationships with key internal teams, including engineering and marketing teams, and maintain those relationships through rapid company and workforce growth
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems to track docketing dates and effectively communicate regarding same
- Responsibility for clearing and searching on trademark issues
- Remain abreast of new Patent Office Rules and filing procedures, alert the IP Team of new procedures and rules relating to patent or trademark practice;
- Review outside counsel bills for IP work
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 7 years of related working experience as a patent, trademark, or IP paralegal in a corporate IP department or law firm. Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of all areas of administrative support for a intellectual property law practice is critical. Must be very comfortable and conversant with patent and trademark procedures. Experience with other IP areas including copyright, open source software licensing, trade secrets, etc., would be a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with foreign filing requirements would be a plus.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent paralegal certification
- Strong proficiency using MS Office, Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, and similar tools to provide organized and easy to use file system
- Experience using various software tools and PTO web portals including PAIR, TESS, eCO and ESPace
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple shifting priorities without dropping the ball
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Team player willing to pitch in to help out and do what is necessary to get the job done, not just doing what is their particular job function but also helping others on the team when necessary and capable
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across many corporate personnel ranging from engineers, marketing, legal, and others
- High personal standards of excellence and ethics
- A sense of humor!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.