Vice President, Sales Enablement
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Snowflake is looking for a VP of Sales Enablement to build a world class team, establish strategy and drive execution that aligns with our market leading cloud data platform. This includes leading on-boarding, optimizing the capabilities of our sales, pre-sales and partner GTM professionals to provide the best product and service possible to our customers.
As the VP of Sales Enablement you will be a key stakeholder involved in Snowflake’s growth. We are looking for a leader who can develop a strategy and build an organization that can successfully scale. You will play an essential role in the future state and structure of our global sales strategy, focused on the people, best practices and tools necessary to sustain long-term growth and profit.
Reporting to the Head of Sales Operations you will design and build our go-to-market enablement function.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Sales, Pre-sales and Partner sales leaders to dynamically understand their business and enablement needs, translating needs into a comprehensive plan for Snowflake’s sales enablement function
- Build the systems infrastructure (CMS, LMS, DCM) and team to support the enablement plan Create and drive execution of on-boarding and always-boarding initiatives and programs
- Continually assess readiness gaps, and work with the appropriate partners to quickly develop the right programs to close deals and increase sales productivity
- Create engaging learning activities & exercises (i.e. Sales Academy courses) from start to finish in designated e-learning platform
- Manage the enablement team to deliver A+ sales training content, experiences and technology focussed on selling Snowflake’s differentiation and value to customers
- Measure and report the performance of our sales teams in relationship to enablement programs’ impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility
On Day One We Will Expect You to Have:
- Combination of 10+ years sales and sales enablement experience, preferably in enterprise technology preferably within SaaS and Cloud
- Exposure to different sales methodologies and an understanding of their benefits and potential downsides
- A blend of Sales, Product, Marketing, selling and/or consulting is highly preferred
- Ability to communicate with all areas of the company at all levels within the organization
- Experience working with Salesforce, using and implementing CMS / LMS software (Seismic, Highspot, and MindTickle)
- Leadership experience with the proven ability to attract, develop and retain A+ talent
- Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- BA/BS degree preferred
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.