Senior Software Engineer - Data Sharing
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Come join our world-class team as a Senior Software Engineer to build our revolutionary data sharing experience! Being in our fast-growing team, you get to innovate the next generation of software that enables organizations to be data-driven, and connect them via data.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Data Sharing at Snowflake, you will:
- Innovate and build highly secured and reliable software to connect customers and allow them to be data-driven.
- Design and implement highly available distributed infrastructure.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer will have:
- 5+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large-scale systems in production.
- Deep multi-faceted appreciation in building end-to-end customer facing products.
- Experience building large-scale fault tolerant services.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Fluency in Java/Python preferred.
- Experience in AWS.
- Experience in serverless infrastructure.
- Able to work on-site in our downtown San Mateo office.
About Data Sharing:
- Check out our story around Data Sharing: https://www.snowflake.com/use-cases/build-your-data-sharehouse/
- Check out what our CEO has to say about Data Sharing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vWQqnlZU8
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.