Lead Automation Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We’re hiring talented a Lead Automation Engineer to join us. This position will be focused on technical leadership around various levels of infrastructure-focused automation to deliver the Snowflake service on multiple Cloud Providers over a large number of distinct geographies.
As a Lead Automation Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute system.
- Produce Automation utilizing both existing open-source toolchains to custom software system to allow us to manage the ever increasing scope and complexity of the infrastructure required to deliver the Snowflake service.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic architecture direction as we continue to expand to more cloud platforms, expand our number of deployments and increase our number of instances.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new system layers utilizing a first-principles understanding of high complexity compute environments.
- Utilize prior production engineering experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate reliability issues.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
Our ideal Lead Automation Engineer will have:
- Over 10 years of relevant software development experience. We place a great deal of value on technical depth provided by prior experience.
- Strong software development skills with a strong focus on quality and test engineering. A formal CS degree desired, but not strictly required.
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable leading complicated technical efforts with a focus on strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Prior experience supporting an Internet facing application at scale.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.