Golang Developer with AWS
Remote - North America /
Video on Demand /
We develop distributed systems and services as well as media formats and protocols that acquire live streams from the community of broadcasters, perform real-time processing (e.g. video trans-coding) on these streams, and provide a high throughput control plane for making them available for worldwide distribution at scale. We lead the worldwide expansion using distributed systems and computer networking technologies to onboard content streams (that could originate anywhere on the planet) onto the network. Streamlined video trans-coding in our agile media processing pipeline enables a globally responsive and cost-efficient system. The scalable playback edge system supports the worldwide delivery of trans-coded media segments and provides a nimble platform for content delivery and playback experimentation. Insights from these experiments are used by our machine learning system to guide product decisions.
We are looking for a software developer to lead new programs for our media processing systems. We are building a new iteration of our video services that allow for great flexibility in managing our video transcoding resources. This includes efficient management of our transcoding capacity, dynamic load balancing of our global transcoding fleet, nimbleness in how we onboard transcoding recipes and perform transcodes, and validation flows for audio and video bitstreams that get on-boarded.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will use your experience with architectural and debugging skills, that cares about scalability, availability and quality to build the next generation of our new multi-tenant video services. As part of the processing team you will focus on discovering creative solutions at scale and reduce the cost of video data ingestion and encoding. We have a very unique opportunity to shape the future of the video industry and your goal to solve challenging problems will contribute to its success. You will get exposure to all this, while having a fun and supportive culture at your disposal.
- Lead the architecture, design, and implementation of successful internet-scale systems and services to support the video infrastructure.
- Contribute with code and system design to the ecosystem of our services, frameworks and libraries.
- Develop maintainable services and libraries using Golang and AWS platform.
- Work with other groups in our organisation to build new components of the video infrastructure
- Migration of code to AWS services and following best practices for services at scale will be important.
- You have a firm understanding of how to build complex distributed web applications and their backend at high scale.
- 4+ years experience developing software in a professional environment.
- 2+ years of experience developing with GoLang
- 2+ years of experience with AWS including Cloudformation, EC2, Cloudwatch experience.
- Any AWS Certifications are a bonus
- Proficient Back-end coding skills in modern languages and frameworks
- Experience designing and architecting consumer-facing products and applications
- Ability with algorithms, data structures, data modeling and/or schema design
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS/Engineering or prior engineering experience
- Experience leading and architecting complex systems in successful projects
- Competitive compensation with optional benefits
- Flexible working hours (must overlap with PST time)
- Collaborative, flat, and transparent work culture