Senior Frontend Software Developer
Software Development /
You will be working with one of the leading companies in an e-commerce services outsourced business based in South Africa operating globally. We pride ourselves on providing a safe and secure environment for our customers.
We are committed to providing our customers with a seamless and user-friendly experience.
You will be working with both client and server-side application logic. Work closely with other team members, leads, QA team and product engineering managers and develop best in class products and features which meets various business requirements.
You should be able to write clean, maintainable, efficient, robust, highly scalable, reusable, secure and high performing application components and services as per the required specifications. You will follow the best development practices, secure development process, coding standards, documentation and methodologies such as Agile/Scrum. You should be good at understanding the requirements at high level and obtain details and deliver assigned tasks with high quality within given time.
- Design front-end architecture with architectural guidelines in mind .(secure, high-performing, scalable, extensible, flexible, simple)
- Architect, Design and develop front-end applications.
- Turn business requirements into technical designs.
- Turn style guides into front-end frameworks and coding standards.
- Decipher information architecture and visual designs and turn them into front-end code.
- Develop front-end code that integrates with back-end interfaces.
- Architect, develop, and test for cross-browser and cross-platform applications.
- Lead frontend technical development efforts independently, define software architecture, explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity and potential risks to successful implementation of advanced visualization products.
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams like design, product management and backend architects and development teams to validate prototypes and to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces which meets client requirements.
- Translate wireframes into functional requirements, write well-abstracted, reusable, high-performance code for UI components.
- Suggest continuous improvements in user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong hands on experience on React, Vue and related JS Frameworks and Libraries.
- State Management experience using either Redux, NgRx, VueX or similar.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Less, Sass.
- Strong knowledge of responsive design and single page applications (SPA).
- Build a highly scalable product right from scratch.
- Expertise in caching, minification, bundling techniques to improve front end performance.
- Competitive compensation with generous benefits.
- Flexible working hours. Minimum 2 days a week in Pretoria base offices.
- For the first 3 months of work, you will need to be in the office every day.
- Delivery-driven working environment.
- Collaborative, flat, and transparent work culture.
If you are passionate in developing successful products, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.