Front End Engineer (Product)
London or Remote
Front End Engineer (Product)
London or remote (UTC +/- 3)
At Snowplow, we are on a mission to empower people to differentiate with data. We provide the technology to enable our customers to take control of their data and empower them to do amazing things with it.
There are tens of thousands of pipelines using our open source pipeline worldwide, collecting data emitted from over half a million sites. Running on AWS and GCP data technologies, it is ideal for data teams who want to manage their data in real-time and in their own cloud. We also collect, validate, enrich and load up to 5 billion events for our customers each day and help them on their Snowplow journey through our management console.
Snowplow has seen significant growth over the last 6 months and we’re set to grow further in 2020. We are looking for a front end engineer, ideally with a background in Typescript and React, to join our experienced team and extend the capabilities of our management console.
The team’s mission is to improve the onboarding of customers and empower them to derive more and more value from their Snowplow pipeline over time. Our data pipelines are full of opportunity, but inherently complex. Overlaying complexity with an engaging user experience is a huge, but exciting, challenge.
You will be joining a team of 12 engineers who work closely with our tech ops, support, product and customer teams. There is plenty of opportunity to learn more about all aspects of engineering and data, from code to customers.
We love working with people who jump at the opportunity to own challenges and are dedicated to building a great team and product!
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing our management console, which is where our users can view pipeline health, make configuration changes, manage schemas and in future find workflows that help solve the people/process challenges around data governance and meaning.
- Helping to design service interfaces that pull information from pipelines for presentation in the UI.
- Continuing to improve our testing and deployment processes so that we can ship features quickly and with confidence.
- Working closely with our Product Office and the wider team on building the best solutions for our customers.
- Being an active part in decision making on what we build and how we deliver it. You’ll bring a different perspective and we’ll want your input!
You’ll also have:
- Opportunities to work on the pipeline and service architecture (predominantly written in Scala) that powers the UI.
- Opportunities to contribute to our many open source projects and extending the capability of our data pipeline.
What we’re looking for..
- The idea of working for a growing startup excites you.
- You have experience working collaboratively on complex engineering projects.
- You have experience with our front end stack (Typescript and React); or otherwise with very similar technologies.
- Our data security and integrity are fundamental to what we do. You’ll need a solid understanding of security threats and how to overcome them.
- Previous experience in data is a plus, but most importantly you’re interested in data and how it can empower our customers to make better decisions.
- You don’t wait to be told what to do. You can accept a mission, drive toward it and recognise when you need support or more direction.
- We can’t do everything today. You’ll be pragmatic in your approach to software delivery and balance our speed of learning with our commitment to providing a reliable and trusted service to customers.
- Our remote team depends on expert collaborators to work effectively. You’ll be a great communicator and enjoy working closely with the team.
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive package based on experience, including share options.
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays wherever you’re located).Freedom to work from wherever suits you best. We trust our team to find the right environment for them to do their best work.
- Two fantastic company Away-Weeks in different European cities each year (last one was in Bratislava in November 2019).
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation full of supportive and talented people.
- Convenient location in central London (specifically Shoreditch) for frequent collaboration or occasional visits, depending on where you’re based.
- A high spec MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15.
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.