Software Engineer - iOS
Do you love writing clean, concise code? Are you passionate about building mobile apps for growing users? Join us and bring our vision, and iOS app, to life to help managers be awesome.
SoapBox is a dog-filled, emoji-loving startup that has set out to be the manager’s sidekick. If you thrive in a team environment, hold yourself to super high standards, and want to make a serious impact in improving the workplace, then SoapBox is the place for you!
At SoapBox, you will spend your day
- Brainstorming with Product Owners and your squad to conceptualize new features
- Collaborating with platform engineering teams to build new features for our growing user base
- Implementing custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Mentoring other engineers and performing code reviews
- Helping our support teams troubleshoot production issues
- Shipping, managing, and launching apps via the Apple App Store
Our ideal candidate has
- 1-3 years in mobile development, building apps to achieve business goals
- Academic background in computer science
- Experience with modern iOS technologiesExperience with Swift and Objective C
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Strong UI and design skills
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude with empathy
- Self awareness and a desire to improve skills
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
Why work with us? Here is what makes working at SoapBox extra special
- Build something important with fun, dynamic, collaborative team (really…we have a team handshake!)Dog-friendly office (we ❤️ our SoapPups!)
- Awesome office in King West
- Competitive compensation
- Employee stock options
- Paid vacation that starts right away
- Epic benefits
- Flex work + work-from-home days
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Annual company retreat in Algonquin
- Career development and learning opportunities
SoapBox is committed to a respectful workplace. If you do not have the exact experience for this position, but are close, please apply! We are not looking for people to “fit” our company – we are looking for people to add and enhance our company through different perspectives, viewpoints and backgrounds.
If you should require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.